Learn more here.
Cookies and web beacons – what is this?
We use “cookies”. These are small text files that our web server sends to your browser within the context of your visit to our websites and that it stores on your computer to be called up again later.We use “session cookies” (temporary cookies) that are stored temporarily only for the duration of your use of one of our websites.We also use “persistent cookies” and “third-party cookies”. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer after you end the internet session or close your browser. These cookies have an expiration date after which they will be invalid.
Web Beacons are small graphic files (also known as “Pixel-Tags” or “Clear GIFs”) that may be contained on our websites, apps, applications and newsletters. They are usually used in conjunction with cookies in order to identify users or user behaviours.
- to be able to review use of our website,
- to review product demand and thus support future further developments,
- to obtain marketing profiles,
- to address targeted and personalised contents to customers.
Which cookies are used?
Performance-related cookies and services
including required cookies
These cookies enable us to analyse use of the website and to improve the performance and function of Our Website – e.g. for customer support. For example, we record information on how Our Website is used by visitors, which pages are called up or whether any pages return error messages.
Advertising/targeting cookies and services
including required cookies and performance-related cookies and services
These cookies (partially by third-party providers) are used to display offers that are better adjusted to you and your interests and needs. These cookies permit recording of the web activities of the users across a longer period of time.
We use advertising/targeting cookies for the following functions:
a) Sharing of contents & pages in social networks
b) Display of offers and marketing based on your interests. This can also be done via third-party providers and on other websites.
Third-party providers may obtain personal data via cookies integrated on Our Website. For details on this, see our data protection statement.
How can I deactivate cookies and services?
You can deactivate cookies from the categories “Service” and “Advertising/targeting” (also see: “Which cookies are used?”) on this page. In order to consider your wish to use the website without these cookies in future as well, however, we require an anonymous cookie.
Usually, browsers are pre-set to accept cookies by default. You can, however, set your browser so that only specific cookies or no cookies at all will be accepted or that cookies already stored will be deleted. However, please note that you may be unable to fully use all functions of this website in such a case. Please learn about the configuration options using the respective help menu of your browser.
For more details on deactivation of particular cookies, see the data protection statement.
What tools/software do we use?
- Google Analytics: Evaluation of page calls and page interactions
- Doubleclick: Supplementary data recording for Google Analytics
- Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords: for our online advertisements.
- Xing, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook: so that we will be perceived in social media.
- PlusServer TR: Recording of the page visit in connection with Customer Relation Management.
Applications and plugins
- Google Tag Manager: Configuration of services subject to “Performance-related” and “Marketing and targeting”.
- Livezilla Chat: Chat function on the website.
- Google Maps: in einigen unserer Websites binden wir Google Maps ein.
- Twitter embedded timelines: Reactions to our brands on Twitter.
- YouTube: Videos embedded into our pages