Container virtualisation in the German cloud
Using container virtualisation gives you more flexibility when developing and introducing new applications. Managed Container Services directly support your business to operate in a more agile way, and more efficiently.
But what about legacy systems? Moving existing setups can quickly become expensive and complex. It doesn’t have to be! We will gladly advise you on how to optimally use container virtualisation and offer you scalable microservices in the German cloud.
Containers in the PlusServer cloud: Value-added at a glance
- More than 20 years of experience in the hosting market
- Reputable customers such as Zalando, REWE and Bayer
- Container virtualisation in the German cloud
- Competent consulting, experienced technicians
- Tailored solutions for your business
- Hybrid solutions
- Automatic scaling models
- 24/7 management of your container virtualisation and microservices
- German-speaking first level support
- Monitoring important services via first level support
PlusServer is as an accelerator for Managed Kubernetes & Container Services
The Crisp Vendor Universe - Cloud Computing investigates which trends, requirements and providers are currently shaping the market in five relevant cloud markets. PlusServer was classified as an accelerator in the fields of Managed Kubernetes & Container Services, among others.
When are containers useful?
- When scalability is required. For example, for services that are subject to high fluctuations in demand, such as web or database services.
- For applications with a very specific setup for their operating system, tools, runtime environment.
- For sandboxing or other test environments, which have to be setup and adjusted often, and quickly.
Containers vs. virtual machines
Containers use less resources compared to virtual machines (VM). Just a few megabytes compared to a few gigabytes for VMs are required for computing power, main storage and storage space. In addition, containers can be moved more flexibly than VMs and used on different platforms. From physical machines to a Private or Public Cloud - containers make applications more independent of the environment in which they are running.
From a physical machine into a Private or Public Cloud - containers make applications more independent from the environment in which they are running.
Using application virtualisation for Hybrid Cloud environments
Containers can even be used in Hybrid Cloud environments, as they are transportable and compatible across several cloud architectures. Read more in this free whitepaper.
Containerisation in the Hybrid Cloud
Using containers can greatly speed up and simplify developments. However, you also require a suitable infrastructure as the basis for containerisation. We support you by providing tailored and flexible Hybrid Cloud solutions from German data centres. We also advise you on migrating existing applications or integrating your legacy systems into a hybrid scenario.
Put your trust in the experience of the largest German managed hosting provider.