What is a Public Cloud?
A shared or Public Cloud usually offers the most cost-effective way to use flexible cloud resources. As the name suggests, several customers share the same infrastructure. So several so-called virtual machines can be located on a physical server. You may add or remove one or more of these virtual machines on the Public Cloud to or from your infrastructure, depending on your needs.
The term “public” may be slightly misleading: there is no way that third parties can access the data saved on the Public Cloud.
With a Managed Public Cloud from PlusServer, you can ensure smooth operation of your business cloud and tailored solutions for your requirements. We create the ideal environment for your business-critical applications. Trust in a secure managed public cloud based on VMware or Microsoft Azure - hosted in Germany.
Business Cloud – VMware vCloud
Our business cloud is perfect for your online applications. With the Business Cloud we offer you a professional, redundant cloud infrastructure based on VMware vCloud, on which you can efficiently operate new platforms and flexibly expand existing platforms.
Our VMware vCloud-based managed public cloud offers you many opportunities for your successful online business: It can act as an autarkic cloud, but can also be used as a “load overflow”. In combination with your existing virtual/physical environment, you will also receive a Hybrid Cloud. We offer this high degree of flexibility at a reasonable price and with a minimal contract term.
We offer the Business Cloud on the basis of VMware vCloud.Learn more about VMware Hypervisor
Azure is a multi-continental cloud platform whose services and applications meet all requirements for maximum flexibility and scalability. With PlusServer, special attention is paid to the German Azure region.
With Microsoft Azure Germany, PlusServer allows you to leverage the full potential of Azure while meeting all compliance requirements.
All Azure resources are billed according to usage and service.Learn more about Azure
- Flexible scaling
- Operating a professional cloud platform (SLA, redundancy)
- Optional regional hosting or Public Cloud
- Full integration in existing environment possible (Hybrid Cloud)
- Support for/operation of the infrastructure from/by PlusServer
- Professional administration interface
- Simple provisioning of virtual servers and images
- Best performance provided by branded hardware
- Minimum contract term of just one month
- Next-business day provision
Who needs a Managed Public Cloud?
The great advantage of a Public Cloud is its flexibility. On the one hand, the cloud is technologically flexible and thus can be expanded quickly. On the other hand, the usage-based billing of the Public Cloud can bring an economic advantage. Thus, a Public Cloud is often used for testing and development purposes because it can be registered quickly in the developer environment and can be shut down just as quickly.
Certain environmental criteria, which are only required for a relatively short time, can only be created at short notice with the help of such a flexible cloud environment. Microservices can also be created just as well. These are either characterised by their short service life or by their low load.
Dedicated servers would be oversized in this case. At the same time, however, Public Cloud resources also help to cushion seasonal peak loads via a scale-out scenario. It makes no difference whether it is a pure Public Cloud environment or resources within a hybrid solution.
Why Managed Public Cloud from PlusServer?
- Market leader in managed hosting in DACH
- Broad portfolio from Managed Public Cloud to Multi-Cloud
- Independent cloud consulting
- Hybrid solutions from a single source
- Dedicated contact partner in project management and sales
- Guaranteed response time with respect to requests for support
- Flexible invoicing for support services
- 24/7 Technical Support from Germany