Our expertise for your databases
The Microsoft SQL Server gives you exceptional performance for business-critical applications. You can get even more out of the powerful database by using a perfectly matched hosting or cloud environment and putting the management of the SQL installation in the hands of experts. Our Microsoft-certified system engineers are at your disposal.
An overview of our services
We provide you with the necessary licences for Microsoft SQL.
- We prepare the server for application service
- If booked, we set up failover clustering
- We install the Microsoft SQL Server (including the available options and features)
- We also install the corresponding Microsoft SQL Server service packs
- We set up monitoring for the SQL server
- We set up/configure the Microsoft SQL Server service accounts and SPNs for you
- We configure supported protocols (named pipes, TCP port, allocation of IP addresses and SSL certificates)
- Database mirroring and/or AlwaysOn (if booked)
- Database encryption with TDE
- PlusServer monitoring
- Database backups and maintenance jobs
- We replace defective database mirrors or AlwaysOn availability groups
- Restart/stop/start services
- We update managed servers after consultation with all recommended security patches, service packs and hot fixes
- Failover/failback and AlwaysOn
We support the following versions:
The SQL Server Enterprise Edition is the premium edition of the series. It offers comprehensive fields of application in the data centre with particularly good performance. Ideal for business-critical workloads.
The SQL Server Standard Edition provides departments and smaller companies with effective database management that requires minimal IT resources. It also supports general development tools locally and in the cloud.
The SQL Server Web Edition is ideally suited to web hosters and companies, as it provides cost-effective scalability and management options for web presences of any size. The Web Edition also has low procurement and operating costs.
Create small, data-driven web and mobile applications up to 10 GB with this entry-level database. Available free of charge.