Database services with the bonus of know-how
The MySQL database management system is the most popular open source database and is used around the world to create dynamic web pages.
With Managed MySQL, you are free to focus on the important things like the success of your business. Meanwhile, we will make sure your MySQL-based applications always run smoothly.
Application management – MySQL replication
MySQL replication frees up your central database with additional nodes that allow read-only access. This enables you to distribute the resulting read requests across multiple nodes, which is advantageous for availability and performance.
Due to the design, MySQL replication is not suitable for high availability setups. Disaster recovery scenarios are also possible by having participating nodes operating outside of the original environment.
Highlights von MySQL
- Configuration of an asynchronous MySQL replication (so-called master-slave replication)
- Setting up the MySQL master and slave
- Initial data synchronisation
- Enables scale-out solutions
- Optimised backup slaves
- Support for the replication framework depends on the booked management level
An overview of our services
- We prepare the server for application service
- We install MySQL
- Monitoring can be set up, depending on the service level
Note: it is not possible to have a failover cluster without additional components. You would also require the Application Management - DRBD Cluster product.
- We configure MySQL (TCP ports, IP address allocation, option SSL encryption)
- Database replication (if booked)
- Database backups
- Restart/stop/start services
- Security updates by updating the operating system during support timeframes (security patches for the relevant operating system)
- Failover combined with Application Management - DRBD Cluster
- Monitoring of replicas