So you, as a consumer, can be sure when shopping online that:
Your personal data does not leave Germany at any point.
Your data is particularly safe from access by third parties.
Even sensitive credit card data can be processed and stored securely.
The confirmation covers the following points:
- The solution is hosted in a data centre in Germany.
- Foreign authorities may not access the data.
- Data will not be handed over to foreign authorities.
- The European Data Protection Directive states that the company’s headquarters is crucial for deciding the valid data protection guidelines. The EU Basic Data Protection Regulation takes the same stance.
- PlusServer acts on behalf of the company as a service provider.
- The German Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG), which is transposed by the European Data Protection Directive 65/46/EC in German law, applies.
- PlusServer is headquartered in Cologne and is registered on the commercial register there under HRB 84977.
- The BDSG is one of the strictest data protection laws in the world. It regulates the collection, processing and use of data.
- The data centre is certified according to the internationally recognised ISO 27001 standard by TÜV SÜD. This certificate governs the requirements for the production, implementation, operation, monitoring, maintenance and improvement of a documented information security management system (ISMS).
- It is also certified to the PCI DSS standard by the TÜV SÜD. As a comprehensive standard, PCI DSS supports organisations in preventatively protecting customer information. This increases the standard of security when handling credit card data.
- In addition, a Network Operations Centre is operated by engineers in Germany on a 24/7 basis. The employees are trained to defend against cybercrime and have extensive experience in this field.
PlusServer is the market leader for Managed Hosting in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Based on a comprehensive product portfolio, which is optimised for the needs of SMEs and large companies, we develop individual hosting and cloud infrastructures.
These can be both special e-commerce setups for shop systems such as Intershop or Magento, as well as flexible, cloud-based outsourcing solutions. Numerous well-known customers - around a third of the top 100 online shops in Germany - testify to the high quality and variety of our technical solutions.
With offices in all major German cities, PlusServer can also guarantee direct and personal contact with customers.
Information for PlusServer clients
Do you want to have the data protection confirmation to show you host securely in Germany and show your customers that they can shop without worrying? Simply send a short message to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.