Solutions for Logistics and Tourism
Digitisation makes for optimised processes in logistics. We ensure that you will be able to successfully advance digitisation at your company. To this end, we offer hybrid hosting and cloud solutions that make available the right infrastructure for changing workloads.
In addition, we offer you a comfortable SMS gateway, which will integrate perfectly with the existing setup. This can be used, for example, to automatically inform your customers about status changes.
Our advantages for Logistics & Tourism
- Integrated solutions for connected fleets
- Comprehensive digitisation consulting
- Hybrid infrastructures, from “on premises” to the cloud
- Scalable solutions for big data scenarios
- SMS gateway, e.g. for automated status notifications
- DDoS protection
Logistics & Tourism success story:
DB Systel outsources IT to PlusServer
DB Systel GmbH, with around 3,100 employees, is one of the leading ICT solution providers in Germany. As a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn, it is responsible for the entire lifecycle of all of the group’s IT and telecommunications solutions.
DB Systel GmbH is, however, also in demand outside its core market, the Deutsche Bahn companies, in areas such as data centre operation and process management.
In 2009, to be able to continue meeting increasing demands at a high level and cost-efficiently at the same time, DB Systel GmbH was looking for a reliable technology partner in the field of data centre services using a European tender.
- Virtual servers are operated on a dedicated VMware platform
- The virtual machines have different performance capacities and safety zones
- The VMware platform and dedicated servers are directly connected to the DB corporate network via peering (leased line)
- PlusServer is responsible for managing the servers and the VMware platform
- Regular service meetings
We now map entire DB Systel product areas on physical VMware platforms and on virtual servers. This type of Managed Cloud solution is ideal for DB Systel’s requirements: the company benefits from all the advantages of the cloud - flexibility, scalability, cost control - and we ensure smooth operation of systems in our data centres.
Our products for Logistics & Tourism
Flexible and cost-effective cloud resources, which serve, for example, as a load overflow for seasonal fluctuations. Securely hosted in our German data centres.To Public Cloud
Content Delivery Network
Your content - quickly available throughout the world. A CDN solution mirrors the data at globally-distributed nodes so that it can reach your customers quickly.Discover CDN
Internet of Things
Together with a network of partners, we offer you holistic solutions to implement connected fleets and similar applications.More about IoT