Our advantages for Media & Entertainment
- High bandwidth and direct carrier connection
- Server relief due to globally distributed CDN nodes
- Protection via DDoS mitigation
- High-performance hardware for best results
Virtual Reality: time-saving encoding and HD live streaming
For our customer, Headtrip, PlusServer developed a Managed Hosting solution that allows high resolution videos to be converted quickly and then streamed to 48,000 viewers.Download the case study now [12.00 KB]
Intel® Xeon® processors
- Up to 47% faster
- 27% average performance increase in all important industry standard workloads and applications
- Improved virtualisation
Increased key security
- Integrated random number generator for creating security keys
- Random bit generator for software-based solutions
- High-quality keys for improved security
Trust and security
- Up to 70% improved performance per core on key encryption algorithms
- Improved key generation
- Protection against malware
Our expertise for your entertainment offering
Content Delivery Network for fast delivery
Get your media content to your customers via a CDN that is close to them and take the performance pressure off your servers. We cooperate with two strong partners who store their content at globally distributed nodes - Akamai and Level 3. This allows content to be delivered very quickly and means you use less bandwidth, which also reduces your costs.
Excellent network connectivity
Our multi-redundant backbone with 250 Gbit/s bandwidth and direct connection to important European junctions ensures that your applications are always available and accessible. Depending on your unique needs, we focus on high bandwidth or low latencies, e.g. for interactive streaming.
Managed Cluster Services for high availability
With Managed Cluster Services, you and your users can benefit from up to 99.99% guaranteed availability by allowing a remaining server to immediately and automatically perform all services in the event of a failure.
Load balancers for distributed demand
Do you have the next viral video or chart topper? We distribute the demand load to different servers using a load balancer to ensure your infrastructure does not stutter, even in case of extreme load peaks.
Media & Entertainment success story:
When it comes to our hosting providers we attach great importance to a fast connection as well as hardware and networks with high availability. We do not want to make our small users wait a long time to see their desired content. Christoph Weber, Head of Application Development & Internet Technology
Children’s number one on the web
Super RTL has been the undisputed German market leader in children’s television for over 10 years, and is therefore the children’s medium with the widest reach in Europe. With Toggo for older children and Toggolino for pre-schoolers, Super RTL has also established the most successful children’s entertainment brands in Germany.
Our solution for Super RTL included migrating different Internet platforms to a new joint infrastructure as well as their operation and management. The clent was particularly impressed by our extensive expertise in the areas of multimedia and streaming.
- Several web servers process the great number of requests
- Redundant database servers ensure optimum data availability
- A Windows server allows for simple setup management
- Load balancing distributes the load across all the web servers
- A dedicated firewall protects the setup against attacks
- High-speed connection to all major national and international carriers
The solution provided fully satisfied Super RTL’s requirements in relation to maximum cost-efficiency as well as hardware and network availability. In addition, Super RTL benefits from our outstanding support expertise in the Linux and Windows server environments.